Giving Back | Making a Difference | Changing Lives
Who Is This For?
The easy answer is: everyone.
Financial Aid for Youth Athletes:
Many athletes and their families struggle to make room in the budget for training – in the past year alone, candidates for this program include: parents losing jobs, single-parent homes struggling to make ends meet, financial stress as a result of health issues (for the athlete or a family member).
Financial Aid for Minor League Baseball/NFL Draft Prep Athletes:
The public perception of professional athletes or soon-to-be professional athletes is rather skewed. Due to $300 million contracts being signed and the spotlight being shined on the glitz and glamour that “comes with” being a professional athlete, many don’t realize the struggle many of our athletes go through.
Whether it’s the $5,000 annual salary for a Minor League Baseball player or the daunting task of a college graduate trying to fund their preparation to chase their dream, the “pro lifestyle” is a long, arduous journey filled with sacrifice far more often than a glamorous, overnight success story.
College Tuition for Graduating HS Seniors
We highlight 5 Mindset Principles throughout the year: Dedication, Relentlessness, Resilience, Integrity, and Leadership. We believe these five characteristics embody what it means to be a member of the DST Family.
Starting with the class of 2020, we’ll be awarding scholarships to five athletes who exemplify each of these qualities. With your assistance, we believe we can change the lives of multiple athletes each and every year.
What You Can Do To Help
- To make this a reality, we’ll need all the financial support and backing we can. If you’re passionate about helping young athletes, underprivileged families, and improving your community, this could be a great outlet for you!
Spread the Word
- Not everyone will be able to support this initiative financially. If you know someone who might benefit from a Donation, Scholarship, or Tuition opportunity or know of someone who may be inclined to support the cause, please let them know!
What Happens With the Funds?
- We will use the funds we receive through general donations exclusively to cover monthly dues of athletes who apply for our financial aid services.
- Not all of our graduating seniors will go on to play collegiate athletics. Our scholarship fund will be to provide five (5) DST athletes with one of our scholarships to help them pay for their college tuition and experience.
- Our benefactors will have the ability to anonymously donate toward a specific athlete’s DST fees.
How Does It Work?
Simply fill out the form below. We’ve done our best to make this as user-friendly as possible. If you have any questions, please reach out to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’d like to make a donation for a different amount than what is listed, shoot us an email at email@example.com
Make An Impact Now
*DST is a for-profit company. While these donations will be guaranteed to go towards a charitable cause, the donation will not be tax-deductible. As mentioned above, we plan to create a 501c3 non-profit for this very purpose should this prove to be successful in the first year.