Houston Training Facilities Scheduled to Open May 18th
Let me begin by saying you have all been in our prayers and our thoughts the past several weeks.
I’d also like to say, on behalf of the entire DST Team, Thank You!
We have been able to weather this storm so far — thanks to you. We realize not all small businesses and training facilities have been as fortunate. But, by the grace of God and through your support, we are here. So, from the bottom of our hearts, thank you so very much!
While I know it’s been challenging for everyone, I hope this season of life has also been filled with opportunity and new perspective. This time apart has certainly helped us realize we cherish our time with you more than we ever knew (which is saying a lot). From conversations with many of you, I’ve learned that you feel the same way!
I’m pleased to announce we won’t have to wait much longer! It would appear we might be nearing the end of our Stay at Home tunnel. With that in mind, I wanted to inform you of some of our plans & preparations ahead of our re-opening.
Per Governor Abbott’s announcement on Tuesday, May 5th, we plan to open our doors on Monday, May 18th.*
*We will form location-specific schedules and keep you all informed as those plans are unrolled. Please rest assured we are doing everything we can to open in a safe, effective manner that ensures we serve our clients to the absolute best of our abilities.
Upon Opening We Will:
1) Continue to put the safety of the #DSTfamily first!
- We will closely monitor and follow the guidelines given by our local, state and federal governments.
- We will track information, data, and recommendations released by the CDC.
- We will keep our COVID Safety Procedures (see below) in effect and make adjustments as deemed necessary.
2) Offer training at ALL of our facilities in some form or fashion.
- We do not know what occupancy recommendations will be, but we anticipate a 25-50% occupancy rate for the beginning of Summer Training (still scheduled for June 1, 2020).
- We will adhere to social distancing and group size recommendations.
- We will adjust staffing and group sizes as necessary to ensure quality training and safety.
3) Continue to provide virtual training options for those unable/not ready to train at our facilities.
- We realize you may be unable or unsure of a return to training at one of our facilities.
- We will continue to provide Livestream training and ‘On Demand’ training options.
- We’ll meet you where you are in regards to your training readiness!
4) Provide an elite training experience for ALL of our athletes!
Whether you plan to train on-site, via Livestream/On Demand, or through an off-site program, our entire staff is committed to ensuring ALL athletes are training at an elite level.
Our team has been working hard the past few weeks to ensure that our return to our facilities and our athletes will be as smooth and seamless as possible.
We will be in close communication with you all.
COVID Safety Procedures
The safety of all of our clients has always been of the utmost importance to us — this includes your health and well-being. To that end, we are making some adjustments & implementing additional precautionary measures. We will do everything we can to keep you safe and help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and any other viruses or illnesses.
These adjustments include, but are not limited to, the following:
- All employees & staff have been informed to stay home and self-quarantine should they develop any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Expansion of our sanitation protocol in our weight rooms, offices, and common areas.
- Provisions of increased supply of hand sanitizer, disinfectants, and sanitation wipes.
- Adhering to all social distancing suggestions both in the weight room and for all outdoor training.
In addition, we will closely monitor updates from both the Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) and make any further adjustments necessary.
We will be in close contact with our partners at Houston Christian High School, Premier Baseball of Texas, and Arizona Christian University to work with them in an effort to responsibly and appropriately respond to information as it’s presented.
We also ask that you stay in close communication with us. Should anyone in your family test positive for — or develop symptoms of — the coronavirus, we ask that you please reach out to inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (713) 899-2114.
We understand & respect that many organizations and individuals have taken varying approaches and responses to the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We always have been and, Lord-willing, always will be a community. Should you make the determination that coming to one of our locations is not in your/your family’s best interest, please reach out to us so we can work with you on making the best adjustment possible for you in regards to your training.
Director of Business Operations